IT in Business - Case Studies
Auburn Ainsley, a long established practice of chartered surveyors, project managers, cost advisers and CDM coordinators based in Rotherham, specialise in construction projects, in the health care, commercial, industrial and private sectors.
Killer-Byte were contracted to provide ongoing IT support and took over the maintenance of their IT systems in 2006 when the 'IT Technician' left. At this point the IT system was not in good shape! The outgoing technician had been largely self taught and had left the system in state that was both vulnerable to hacking unable to meet the needs of the staff. We brought the system into line with ITIL standards and implemented features to meet the IT needs of the partnership...
- Off site backup procedures to aid disaster resilience.
- Wireless network access for staff to use laptops.
- Installed a new server, migrated users, data and Exchange before retiring the old server.
- Replaced several old workstations with new state of the art equipment.
- VPN (Virtual Private Networking) for staff to access data away from the office.
- OWA (Outlook Web Access) for staff to access email from anywhere on the web.
Killer Byte continues to provide ongoing IT support and maintenance. For references please feel free to contact (partner).
Barras Thompson is an independent estate agent with branches in Eckington and Killamarsh.
Gill Barras, director of Barras Thompson, asked Killer-Byte to carry out a system health check when the company's IT system did not seem to be coping with the demands made of it. As the system was based on a peer-to-peer network we suggested a client-server architecture for better access to data, security and ease of backing up, along with a VPN and Remote Desktop service.
This robust system has been in place for almost 2 years now and continues to provide an efficient service for Gill and her staff.
Ashbrook Garage is an independent service garage based on the Holbrook Industrial Estate in Halfway, Sheffield.
Angela Bryan, proprietor of Ashbrook, approached Killer-Byte with an in depth request to build a bespoke software system to manage customer and vehicle records and essentially automate many the business functions of the garage...
- Store customer and vehicle records in searchable format.
- Allow the preparation of estimates and quotations.
- Handle insurance quotes including excess figures.
- Prepare, print and store invoices
With close communication we were able to produce a new software package to Ashbrook's exact specification and, over time add new functionality as needed. The system has remained a key tool in the efficient running of Ashbrook Garage. ever since.